From Cambodia to Japan

A Cambodian Student Looks at Life in Two Different Worlds


Misusing Royal Language

Below is a short story excerpted from Katelork (Book 8) written by Sonton Preyjea En between 1910s and 1920s . I laughed really hard when reading this. I hope you too will find the story hilarious as well as inspirational. The complete book is freely accessible at Khmerbusiness.com. Unfortunately, it is entirely in Khmer , no English translation though.

* Click on each text for bigger view.


5 Responses to “Misusing Royal Language”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi,

    I found the writting is little difficult to understand, nevertheless it's fun to read.

    I guess you wouldn't mind if I want to share it with my friends.  

  2. # Blogger seserak

    Agreed. The writing style is slightly different from our present-day style.

    I would be really glad to share the story with you, your friends, and anyone who is interested in Khmer literature. In fact, as I wrote, I excerpted the the story from Khmerbusiness.com.And As written in their site,the purpose of making the story available online is to promote Khmer literature as well as Khmer culture.

    So let's help promote Khmer literature together!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hey, BeERR i really like ur blog a lot! hahaha anyway..when i have time ill drop by later.

    your friend
    MG (aka..ann)  

  4. # Blogger seserak

    Thanks, Meanie/Ann, for dropping by!  

  5. # Blogger Dara

    Ha ha good story man.It's not only a joke it also has some educational meaning too.
    Keep doing your good job man. :)  

Post a Comment