From Cambodia to Japan

A Cambodian Student Looks at Life in Two Different Worlds


Within You'll Remain



I've been looking for this song for ages. Finally, some genuinely kind blogger has posted it. Big thank man.

Listening to this song is like taking a journey back through time---well, to be exact, to year 1996, when I was in grade 9. I first heard this song in a part time English class. It was Saturday, I believe. Back then the school had an extra session on Saturday, and it was always about listening to English songs.

Students seemed to enjoy this day more than any other days. They were particularly more attentive to the "lesson". They were more willing to repeat, to work in groups and to do the role play.

Needless to say, the students seemed to have absorbed the whole lesson without any major difficulty. At the end of the class most of them could easily repeat what they had learned and heard. Some students---for instance, me---even felt the class was too short. Only one hour. We even suggested the class be extended.

Yet, that's not the end of it. We would copy the lesson to practice at home until we were told by our parents or relatives that they were tired of hearing the same songs being played again and again on the tape.

***
If only our academic course could be turned into such kind of fun "music lesson" in which every student is passionately interested and involved in it, I am sure study performance would be significantly improved.

***

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this song.

18 Responses to “Within You'll Remain”

  1. # Blogger pichbandith

    I really love the song call "Within You'll Remain" so much. Thank you so much for sharing. どうも有難う御座います。私は"Within You'll Remain" という歌が凄く好きです。  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    A favorite one of mine is 'Time and Time Again'. I've just have some of these oldies for my new iPod.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    really enjoy the song and your story make the song sounds even better.  

  4. # Blogger Chantra

    I would like to announce that the Cambodia Blogger Summit will be on 30-31 August 2007 at Pannasastra University of Cambodia (PUC, South Campus).
    Please help to spread this event out to your friends and colleagues.

    More detail of the event, please visit : http://cloggersummit.wikispaces.com/

    For Agenda : http://cloggersummit.wikispaces.com/Agenda

    For free registration : http://cloggersummit.wikispaces.com/application_form
    (fill out the answer and sent to viirak@gmail.com)

    The registration will close on 21 August 2007.  

  5. # Blogger k.srun

    very nice song. It really reminds me of the past memory during school days.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    It seems that the song is translated from chinese song. I mean the music sounds more like a chinese song music than an english song music, in my opinion. But nevertheless, it sounds nice! and your write-up makes it even better :)  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    That is beautiful song.  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Vicheth,

    This is Raymond, your kohai here. :) I might surprise you by stumbling into your blog. Great job! I didn't know you're such an influential blogger!! Sugoi ne!!

    I *used* to blog frequently too, but I have stopped blogging for more than a year now. However, you can still access my space at http://themarquis.livejournal.com/

    Keep up the good work.

    regards,
    Raymond  

  9. # Blogger PISETH

    Yeah! That looks great! Excellent post. Thank you for sharing.

    I’ll come back for more reading from your blog posts. Your blog is admired at my blog links to benefit more readers where you can find it at www.nheanpiseth.blogspot.com

    Piseth  

  10. # Blogger KEO Kalyan

    Oh, u just got it? OMG! why didnt u tell me! i'v got it for ages! anyway, the song is so cool and sweet! i ususally listen to it too! my fave one as well.... anyway, just got time to drop it :D so busy with homeworks from both uni.. cheers! :D  

  11. # Blogger Khmerization

    A very interesting blog with lots of things to read. Anyway, how is life in Japan? I wish to visit it one.  

  12. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Just to share some information that you might be interested in at cambodian online business  

  13. # Blogger pyralis

    Hey Vichet, haven't seen you post anything new in quite a while. Hope you return and post more. Would love to read more of your writing. Hope you had a very nice holiday and Happy New Year to you and your family.

    Cheers,

    Pyralis  

  14. # Blogger guam_az

    I am new to this site and find it very informative,my fiance is back in cambodia and this site helps me get more insight on the culture and the hardships she and her family go thru.  

  15. # Blogger Wanna

    Seserak, as I guess, now you're in Cambodia :)  

  16. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I also posted this song in my blog. I found it via Imeem.
    Best,
    Sokunthea Pheng  

  17. # Anonymous Anonymous

    The song is my favorite as well. By the way, I can see that your blog is not making you any money. You can make money from your blog, provided that you write English so well. Check out my blog (click on my name above) to see how you can make money from your blog. I'm also an ordinary Cambodian girl and i make quite good money from my blogs. Well, just wanna share the opportunities with all Cambodians.  

  18. # Blogger Alice

    hi, Within You'll Remain was originally written by Don Ashley, the lead talent behind Chyna. Chyna was one of the few English-singing band from Hong Kong. The song was originally written in English.
    Cheers, alice
    http://home.ied.edu.hk/~hkpop/music/index.html  

Post a Comment